I’ve shared a couple of simple cork projects here on Aftertaste – you might remember the wine cork garden markers or the wine cork magnets. With the official start to autumn comes the first stretch of holiday gatherings, and when each has come to a close, don’t toss your collection of wine corks. Repurpose them into something festive and useful. Today I’ve rounded up a collection of 10 of my favorite DIY wine cork projects, perfect for entertaining, hostess gifts or a little holiday update around the house.
1. Cork Wine Glass Charms: No more confusion with the question, Is that my glass?
2. Wine Cork Wreath: Let all of your guests know before you open the door, wine will be served!
3. Wine Cork Rosemary Reindeer: With 2 corks and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, you can make these simple, festive, and great smelling table decorations.
4. Wine Cork Magnet Planters: These will quickly become your best conversation piece in the kitchen!
5. Wine Cork Ornament: Make a fun twist on a holiday tree with this wine cork DIY ornament.
6. Wine Cork Place-cards: Simple to make and certainly takes care of the question, Where do I sit?
7. Wine Cork Bottle Stoppers: Create fun and funky stoppers for a functional hostess gift. Get creative!
8. Wine Cork Stamps: Carefully cut shapes into the edges of wine corks to create customized stamps. Use them on holiday wrap, cards or tags for a festive update.
9. Wine Cork Votives: Fill a hurricane glass with corks, centering a smaller glass votive to create a warm and welcoming centerpiece.
10. Wine Cork Trivet: Make a hot plate from leftover wine corks as a hostess gift or useful tool for the dining room all year round.
So the next time you crack open a fresh bottle of wine, think twice before tossing out the cork. And if you have another idea for leftover wine corks, share it in the comments below.